|The screenshots aren't actually this nice.|
The good news, though, is that there is a way to enjoy the game without these annoying memories. It wouldn't hurt to have just two mods, right? At least these mods work the way they're supposed to. Personally, I don't like mods but I just had to use them for this purpose only.
What you need: A Sims 3 game (of course), patience (if you really want to do this, you'll have enough patience to do so.), a good attention span, Twallan's Master Controller mod, Shimrod's No Memories mod
Duration: it depends on the speed of your game, plus a few minutes tops.
1. If you don't have the two aforementioned mods yet, read on. Otherwise, skip to step 5.
2. If you don't have any mods installed and don't know how to install mods, read this tutorial: How to Install Mods
3. Download the two mods:
3.1. Twallan's Master Controller (make sure to follow all instructions indicated in the page to prevent errors and/or crashes.)
3.2. Shimrod's No Memories Mod
4. Extract the .PACKAGE files and install them by placing them in the mods folder. If you read the tutorial on installing mods carefully, you know where this folder is.
5. Open the game and load your household. This might just be the step that takes the longest to do if your household and neighborhood are very far into the game.
6. Shift-click on the city hall and select NRaas/MasterController/Sim/Intermediate/Remove Memories. Filters will come out there and all sims that meet the criteria will have all memories removed. What I did was to remove from all male and all female sims. It's up to you to strategize on what filters to use.
7. Optional: exit the game and delete the Master Controller mod (just delete that .PACKAGE file that it corresponds to) and just leave the No Memories Mod in the folder. I personally did this just so that I will not be tempted to play around with this powerful mod and ultimately screw up my game. My only objective here is completely obliterate all memories and prevent further creation of the superfluous things that don't even have an effect on gameplay. I don't even purchase stuff from The Sims 3 store anyway. Remember, I'm not much of a mod person, but I just need the No Memories Mod to speed up my game even just a little bit and reduce file size. Other than that, you can also feel free to have more fun out of Master Controller but please use it with discretion.